Saturday 14 April 2018

Botany Journal - Flower Specimen Tags  (Fake Flower Version)

I have been following Jibid Neary on YouTube for quite a while now and she does some beautiful pressed flower specimen tags.  (I will link Below) In one of her videos she says that some countries she posts to will not allow plant specimens to be brought into the country so some of her ladies she sells to can't receive the beautiful cards/ tags with the specimens on. 

I had an idea (again I don't know if anybody else has thought of this) to create a fake flower specimen card using my Tim Holtz Wildflower #2  dies I received as a present from my Mum (Thanks Mum).
Dont get me wrong these are in no way anywhere near the delicate and truly beautiful ones she creates for her Herbarium/Botanical tags and journals, but I thought they might make a pretty alternative. Her journals are so tactile and fabulous and she must spend so much time on them.

I thought to myself that the die cuts would look lovely inside a specimen card behind some sort of vellum or tracing paper window so you would get the shape and look of a specimen but none of the customs hassle sending live plants.

I first cut out all the dies from some craft paper and measued them so I could create some tags with a window aperture. Then I cut out some tracing paper to fit the apertures and positioned the die cut behind the window and secured it in position.  I then added a back to the card and sealed it up.  I'm really pleased with the results and will be making more for my two Botanical themed journals I have in progress.  (I may make some sets and sell them in my Etsy Store, as they would be a lovely addition to nay botanical themed journals.)

I am sure there will be lots of ways of doing this using different papers, stamps etc. and will post some more up when I have finished playing with them.







Jibid Neary - Channel Link
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=jibid+neary

Botanical Tag Set Showcase (and chat!)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SBhUnqueAs

Link to her Herbariums, Tags and Chat No.2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66Z5A_XMwME&t=1159s

 


 

 

No comments :

Post a Comment