Tuesday 19 January 2016

My First Gelli Plate adventures.


For my birthday last year my husband bought me a Gelli Arts Gel Printing Plate.  It was completely unexpected and I looked at it and thought "what is that and what do I do with it".  After some research on the web and You Tube of course, I got out some paint and had a go.   OMG so additive I love it!!!

Their website is www.gelliarts.com and you can find many great tutorials on their YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/GelliArts

I have never tried mono printing before but it is amazing what results you can get with stencils and textures and plants etc.  

Here are some of my first attempts on the medium sized Gelli plate which is 8inches by 10 inches.
This one is using a lacy place mat.



For this one I used a cut piece of cardboard to create the wipe out lines. 

From there I went on to experiment with more leaves.  I rolled on some pale paint and pulled a print, spread some pink paint then put the ferns on used some bubble wrap for texture and pulled this print leaving the shape of the ferns.

From there I started cutting some of my own templates and used other purchased stencils for effect.









This is using an "Andy Skinner - French Elements" stencil by Deco Art. After pulling the print I went over the stencil and picked out the Paris word and Fleur de Lys in some gold paint to highlight.

I will post some further images later, thanks for taking a look.
Tracey







10 comments :

  1. Your husband is definitely a keeper introducing you to gelli printing! Great first prints - I really like the one with the ferns. Enjoy your gelli adventure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes he is, he is very supportive and never minds me buying crafty stuff. Phew!!

      Delete
  2. The print with the french elements is my absolute favorite, the colors are just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I love that stencil its one of my favourites too.

      Delete
  3. Saw you over at A Colorful Journey and had to come get a closer look at your first round of Gelli prints. FABULOUS!!! These are just wonderful. I totally love the lace, but I am transported by those leaves and the ferns!! Exquisite. TFS!
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and I will check out your blogspot I ove to see what others are doing.

      Delete
  4. Congrats! Your first adventure turned out terrific! Mine was a dud... I can't wait to play again and get it right!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its definately worth keeping going and thank you for you lovely comment. It does take a bit of thinking about to get the layers right and doesnt always turn out how you expected.

      Delete
  5. Gorgeous prints you've made! Thanks for sharing with Let's Play!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Carolyn I really love your Lets Play videos, you make me want to try all sorts of things, and it takes me out of my comfort zone trying new techniques!!

    ReplyDelete